Ten Secrets You NEED To KNOW Before Getting Your Car Repaired
1. Your car is the second largest investment you're likely to make. Preserve its value and your investment.
2. Never drive a car that could be unsafe because of damages.
3. There is no law requiring you to obtain more than one estimate.
4. You have the right to go to the repair shop of your choice. Your insurance company cannot require you to go to a particular shop.
5. Differences in repair estimates are common. A lower estimate may not include all the necessary work. If you're not sure why one estimate is different from another you've received, please ask.
6. Choose a shop that has unibody repair equipment and certified personnel.
7. Ask if the shop will be using genuine manufacturer (OEM) replacement parts.
8. Ask if the shop offers a repair warranty. Ask to read it and note any fine print.
9. Ask if the shop will negotiate your claim with the insurance company.
10. Choose a shop that is a member of your local Better Business Bureau and check them out with the BBB.